Are you a beginner at WordPress and wondering how you can improve your WordPress website’s performances with analytical information? Google analytics tool can be the best and the ideal solution for you to thrive your knowledge about the users and Google traffic to your site. Google Analytics allows you to analyze what works best on your website to decide and make optimized strategy plans to gain users and traffic to your site.
We will explore and find out about the Google analytics tool before starting the procedure of installation.
What is Google analytics
Google Analytics provides you with the service of tracking your website to create google stats about Google traffic to your website, website users, and their behaviors. Is Google analytics free to install in WordPress? You might have this question in your mind. The answer is, Google Analytics is a free tool for every user. Therefore, you can use this tool to acquire the required information and google stats to improve your WordPress website
Log in to Google Analytics
- First, you have to go to the Google Analytics website. Then click on the Google analytics sign-in button or the Start for the free button in the top right corner.
- You can now log on to your account or create a new account to get started with your Google Analytics account.
- After signing in to your Google account, you will be retaken to the Google account homepage. When you click on the ‘Start measuring’ button, you will be asked to provide some information about the website to start tracking.
- First, “Account Setup,” you have to name your account.
Complete the property
- Second, “Property Setup,” you have to name your property name. You have only one account and can have more than one properties in GA
- Click on the “show advanced setup,” select “create a universal analytics properties,” and give your website URL here.
Enter Business Details And Create
- Third, “About your business,” you have to give the information about your business.
- On the next page, you will be asked to review the Google Analytics terms of service agreement. You have to click the checkboxes and click on the ‘I Accept’ button. Now you are finished with the signing up process for Google Analytics.
You can find any analytics data or make changes by merely navigating to Google analytics login in Google. Now you have set up the Google account to WordPress Analytics account. So, we will see how to add your Google Analytics account to WordPress.
Installing Google Analytics in WordPress
Now, we will see how you can set up Google Analytics in WordPress. Among the various ways of setting up Google Analytics in WordPress, MonsterInsights can be considered as the best and the most straightforward Google analytics plugin for WordPress for beginners.
Log in to wordpress and install Google Analytics Dashboard and Activate the Plugin.
You can install the MonsterInsights plugin by going to your WordPress dashboard. You have select Plugins → Add New Then, search for MonsterInsights plugin in the search box and click on install. Once you get the search results, click on Activate.
Open Monster Insights from Plugins and go through the set up wizard
You need to configure the plugin after completing the installation and activation steps. (Go to Settings in the menu bar and head to Insights → Settings to verify your Google account.)
Log in and authenticate using your google account set
Click on the ‘Authenticate with your Google account’ icon, and you will be redirected to the Google login page. You have to fill in the information there and click on the ‘Next’ icon to continue the process.
Then you have to ‘Allow’ MonsterInsights plugin to access your Google Analytics dashboard. Now, you are done with the process of WordPress analytics. You will be able to see the website’s analytical data within a day. Go to Insights →Reports to check your website’s performance.
Google analytic can help you with understanding and analyzing the web traffic to your site. Besides, you will track visitors’ information and their behaviors, such as geographical and technical information and the type of device that the visitors use to access your website, the pages they check on, and their time on your website, etc. Therefore, you can benefit from adjusting your website to gain potential users and web traffic by installing Google Analytics on your WordPress website.